Pupils, staff, parents and governors were all involved in choosing the six core values for the new school. Together with key festivals, of Christian and other faiths, these form the basis of collective worship in school.
Relationships are based on honesty, kindness and respect. We value each other as individuals. Everyone is proud of their achievements and those of others, in all aspects of school life. There is a strong sense of belonging and identity in the school.
Our six values are: Respect, Friendship, Courage, Perseverance, Fairness and Love.
We focus on one value each term
Term 1 Fairness
- Our behaviour system of restorative practice is based on fairness and justice. At the end of term 1 we celebrate Harvest and think about a fairer world where the good things we have can be shared with others
Term 2 Respect
- Mutual respect is shown throughout the school, to all and by all. As we build up to the season of Christmas we think about the respect shown to the child Jesus by those who went to see him and by future generations through the ages.
Term 3 Friendship
- Friendship is a big part of school. We help each other and remember that Jesus is our friend and is always there for us.
Term 4 Love
- In term 4 we think about the great love that Jesus showed for us at Easter. Year 5 re-enact the Easter story and we remember Jesus’ words “Love one another as I have loved you.”
Term 5 Perseverance
- As we work towards the SATs tests at the end of the term we know that we have to persevere and make the most of the wonderful gifts and talents given to us by God.
Term 6 Courage
- In term 6 we all need courage as we prepare to move to new schools and new classes. We are inspired by the example shown by Jesus, who showed great courage throughout his life