Marlborough St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Every school must have a Child Protection Policy. The aim of the policy is to ensure that the school has effective measures in place to safeguard your children from the potential risk of harm and that the safety and wellbeing of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of our school’s work. Having the policy in place ensures that all members of our school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
Alongside the Child Protection Policy we have a number of other policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment; these can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.
Sometimes, when there are concerns about a child’s welfare, we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies. We will ensure that concerns about our pupils are discussed with parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
We actively support the Government’s Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and terrorism.
- The Designated Senior Lead for safeguarding at Marlborough St Mary’s School is Mrs Anne Schwodler (Head Teacher).
- The Designated Deputy Leads for safeguarding are, Mrs Mandy Howarth (KS1 SENCo), Mrs Mandy Cook (KS2 SENCo), Mrs Kath More (Pastoral Support)
- The Safeguarding Governor is Mrs Joyce White
Marlborough St Mary’s School actively teaches online safety to the children and also encourages parents and children to visit the CEOP website (Child Exploitation & Online Protection) www.thinkuknow.co.uk to build knowledge of how to stay safe online. This website has fun activities where children can gain vital information about staying safe.